Acne Treatment in Vadodara
What is Acne Treatment?
Acne is the reason for spots on the face and sometimes back and neck. It is generally seen on people between the ages of 12 to 25 years. Sometimes, older people are also affected. Acne is generally more prevalent in boys than in girls. Acne is seen more on the faces than on back and necks. Though, sometimes, it can be seen on backs and necks being developed severely. The intensity of acne being developed can range from being mild to being severe. Teenagers between 8 years to 10 years who develop acne do not have much severity. It is mild and keeps disappearing in short intervals.
The acne is temporary, but there is a good probability of scarring due to severe acne problem which can also last for a long time. You can get the treatment for removing or reducing the scar from the cosmetic dermatologist with the help of several procedures. There are many techniques like laser skin resurfacing, deep chemical peels, and microdermabrasion which are effective in reducing or eliminating the scars. However, the treatment of acne scar depends on the type of skin, acne scarring degree, and some other factors. Find out which one of the treatment suits you the best from the cosmetic dermatologist. Acne is annoying, but one can get rid of this annoying problem with proper care and time. It is important first to understand how severe is the acne problem before you undergo any treatment.
Here at Krisha Hospital, we provide the best solutions for all your skin related issues. To know about our expertise contact us today!
Why Choose Acne Treatment?
If you don’t treat your acne or your skin, it might lead to scarring on your face. Hence, acne treatment is important. To prevent acne, one must also understand the causes and treatment of these skin problems. The acne is mostly due to genetic predisposition, and one cannot truly prevent acne. But there are acne treatments available that help in the prevention of the pimple formation after the appearance of the acne. Moreover, many ways contribute to preventing the worsening of acne and scar formation as well.
Types of Acne Scars
Sometimes the acne is severe and it leaves scars on the skin. If the acne is not treated in time, it settles up and leaves spots. Also, sometimes, the acne settles on the skin for four to five years if untreated.
Following are the types of acne scars:
- Icepick Scars
- Rolling scars
- Boxcar scars
- Atrophic scars
- Hypertrophic and keloid scars
Causes of Acne
Acne is prevalent in adolescents more than any other age group. This is because, when you are turning into an adult, skin cells that are lining the hair follicles, start to shed heavily leading to clogging of follicles. This increases the oil production in the skin leading to acne eruptions on the skin. It also depends on genetics. If the parents have suffered from a particular condition of acne, the child will suffer from the same condition too.
Certain drugs tend to give acne on the skin due to their composition, though the condition is very rare. You should not skip or discontinue the medicine. Instead, you can visit your doctor and ask him for alternative medicine. The medicine that causes acne has written instructions on them.
It is often believed that acne is caused by oily skin. Though it is partly true. Oily skin is caused by excess oil produced by the sebaceous glands. And for the person who has an acne problem, this oil causes the oil to clog the follicles. This speeds up the rate of acne eruptions.
Some people believe that eating a certain type of food causes acne to aggravate. Though it is not true. Consuming healthy food and a balanced diet helps you keep your skin healthy but not eating a particular food will not reduce the acne.
Stress is not a primary cause for the acne to erupt on the skin. Though, it is known to be a reason to flare-up the acne. Stress management techniques can help beat the cause.
Hormonal changes can be related to acne breakout being rapid in adolescence. When you are in the adolescence, your body tends to undergo various hormonal changes. This causes acne problems to boost on the skin.
Acne Prevention – How to stop/reduce your acne
You have first to understand how bad is an acne problem for the correct treatment. You can control the mild acne problem with the proper care of the skin. But, you can have scars if you do not get treatment from a dermatologist for severe or moderate acne problems. The dermatologist can prescribe a variety of medications including those which are consumed or applied to the skin. The dermatologist can also perform some useful treatment for acne which will control the acne breakouts or reduce and eliminate acne scars. For the different causes of acne, there is a treatment available which dermatologists can combine for better results.
As we saw earlier, the primary cause of acne eruptions on the skin is genetic. This includes genetic disorders that are carried forward from one generation to another. Another reason for acne is hormonal changes and stress. So there are not prevention techniques available actually to cure acne caused by hormonal changes. If the changes in hormones are very rapid, the eruptions of acne in the skin will also be rapid. You will just have to make sure that you do the necessary to keep your skin clean and use a skincare doctor recommended ointment to treat the acne. This is needed because if the acne is untreated it leaves scars and settles on the skin.
Here are some points to remember to take care of your acne
- The first thing that you should always keep in mind is that one should not pick, scratch, or squeeze any acne lesions. Acne lesions are often pricked or scratched by an individual to remove it from the skin. This causes the problem to worsen and not only that, it causes acne lesions to leave marks on the skin. In some cases, there are dents developed on the area from where the acne has been picked out.
- By using the harsh products on the skin or scrubbing the acne-affected areas to clean the acne only irritates skin and later leads to worsening of the acne.
- You should use the mild cleansers gently on the acne affected area for the proper care of your skin.
- Avoid using makeup since the make-up cosmetics used to hide the acne might lead to aggravating the problem of acne. One can prevent the breakout of acne by using less amount of makeup as much as possible and the products which can block the pores of the skin.
Want to know more? Here are some extra tips to stop your acne
- Maintain a skincare routine & keep acne away. If you keep your skin clean, it will prevent the occurrence of acne, and if you take good care of your skin, the chances of the acne will lessen. And it also helps in the curing of the acne lesions. The dermatologists suggest washing your face twice every day just with a gentle cleanser and water. Avoid using hot water and scrubbing for the face wash. The use of harsh products and frequent washing irritates the skin; increases risks of acne scars, and reduces the healing rate. One should use the medications and products as prescribed by the dermatologist regularly so that it would show its effects. And by the acne skincare regimen, one can easily remember the drugs as well as specified products, leading to more success.
- It might also be possible that the cosmetic you are using for your skin is harmful to your skin. To make sure of that, you should confirm it from your dermatologist before using the product.
Acne Treatment Cost in Vadodara
Acne treatment cost depends on your skin & intensity of acne. For the exact price, you must have to visit the skin care clinic.
Dr. Rajnikant Parmar
M.S ; M.CH (Plastic Surgeon)
Dr. Rajnikant did his M.CH in Plastic Surgery (Gold Medalist) from M. S. University, Vadodara, one the best and most reputed institute for Plastic Surgery, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery all over the world. He has vast knowledge and experience for various Cosmetic and Plastic surgery procedures in India. He is practicing in Vadodara since last 5 years. He has worked with world renowned Aesthetic Surgeons like Dr. Kotaro from Japan. His ability to identify individual problem and analyze everyone’s cosmetic & functional demands and cure each his patients as per the best practices of medical domain makes him unique cosmetic surgeon.
Dr. Deepmala Parmar
Dr. Deepmala Parmar has a keen interest in Aesthetic Dentistry. She has 14 years of experience in Implantology and has placed numerous implants for oral rehabilitation at Kashiba Dental Clinic, Chhani Jakatnaka, Vadodara. She has achieved putting more than 350 dental implants with 100% retention and success ratio. She did her specialized dental implant course from Nair Medical College, Mumbai. In her 14 years of dental practice she has more than 6500 patients with big smiles on their faces..